• Purchase of tickets or wristbands for the Local Hero Festival (LHF) events are governed by our terms. These terms also govern use of the tickets and attendance at festival events the Local Hero Co-operative have organised.
• In these terms, certain words and phrases have specific meanings: the SITE means the site where the event takes place.
LHF, we, us, our or related words refer to Local Hero Co-operative. You, your or related words refer to the buyer of the tickets or wristbands and, as relevant, anyone using the items you purchased or were purchased on your behalf, knowingly or otherwise.
• Any words following “including”, “includes”, “for example”, “in particular” or any similar expression are illustrative only and do not change the sense of the wider clause they are used in or refer to.
• LHF have the right to not admit you to the site (or event) or to require you to leave the site. If we do this for any of the reasons listed in below, you will not be entitled to any refund. If we do it for any other reason, you may be entitled to a refund of the ticket price (except in the instance that the festival is cancelled for any reason).
• You are not entitled to a refund if we refuse you admission or require you to leave the site where, in our reasonable opinion (or the reasonable opinion of anyone working for us): A: you are under the age of 18 and not accompanied by an appropriate adult; B: you have no ticket; C: your ticket has already been used by someone else, has been bought from an unauthorised reseller, or is fake; D: you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs; E: you behave inappropriately in a way that causes or is likely to cause distress to other people (and that behaviour either continues after a warning or is so bad that it is reasonable to refuse admission or require you to leave the site without a prior warning); F: you breach any of the rules set out below under the heading “Site Rules”; or G: you present a risk to the safety of other people or the safe operation of the Festival or the event you are attending.
• If you have any disabled access requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as far as possible in advance and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. We cannot guarantee that you will be able to access all event-specific facilities. If you turn up without making prior arrangements it is more likely that you will not be able to access all facilities.
• Ticket or Email holders may be required to exchange their ticket for a wristband on arrival. This must be worn at all times for the duration of the event. You may be asked to leave if you are not wearing a wristband.
• No animals will be admitted to indoor events other than assistance dogs for the disabled.
• If you are under the age of 18 you must be accompanied by an appropriate adult, who must be your parent, guardian or nominated guardian. We (or people working for us) may ask you for proof of age or your accompanying adult for proof of parentage or authority as your guardian.
• We will not be able to issue duplicate tickets or email claims. It is your responsibility to keep your tickets safe.
• Please return your wristband once your event has ended.
• You must not re-sell (or allow anyone else to re-sell) your ticket or wristband without our express written permission. You must not re-sell or transfer any ticket if you are doing so in the course of business. If you have bought your ticket from someone who breached these restrictions, your ticket will not be valid and we will not owe you any refund – it is your responsibility to check that you have bought a valid ticket if you are buying from anyone other than us.
• If LHF cancel any or all of the Festival Events (in whole or in part): A: We will do our best to give as much advance notice as possible to the person who bought the tickets or wristbands, using the contact details given to us at the time of buying. B: If the event (or any cancelled part of it) is re-scheduled to another date, we will do our best to give details to the person who bought the tickets, using the contact details given to us at the time of buying. C: Your ticket to the cancelled event will be valid for any re-scheduled event or. This does not apply if the event is cancelled part-way through due to reasons outside our reasonable control. D: If the cancellation is due to reasons within our reasonable control and is a cancellation of the whole event covered by your ticket, you will be entitled to a refund of the price shown on the affected ticket. E: Cancellation due to extreme weather, major incidents, legal interventions, Acts of God and political / economical crisis are not within our reasonable control. F: The wording above sets out your entire remedy relating to any cancellation by us and we will not be liable to you for any other costs, losses or similar that you may have as a result of or relating to the cancellation. (We recommend that you consider travel insurance to cover any costs, losses or similar not dealt with above.)
• We will do our very best to ensure that the line-up and content of the Festival Events are as advertised; However, sometimes things change despite our best efforts (and sometimes at short notice) so we reserve the right to change the advertised line-up, content and on-the-day timings without prior notice.
• We reserve the right to change the admission requirements and the site rules set out in these terms to the extent strictly necessary to ensure safe management of the site and compliance with any changes in law, regulations, or the terms of our use of the site. We will do our best to give you as much advance notice of those changes as possible, but in any case they will apply as soon as they are communicated to you.
• Please note that amplified sound and strobe lighting are may be used at certain events – it is your responsibility to take appropriate precautions against any negative effects these things may cause you.
• Important! Limitation of Liability: These terms do not limit or exclude any liability which, by law, cannot be limited or excluded. Otherwise, our maximum liability to you in respect of any matter arising out of or in connection with the Festival Events or your purchase of a ticket or wristband is limited to the total price paid to us for your ticket(s) (or, in the case of cancellation by us, is limited as set out in clauses above).
• Scottish law applies to these terms, their subject matter and their formation, and the Scottish Courts have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising about those things.