WHAT INFORMATION DO WE HOLD ABOUT YOU AND WHY?
When you book a Festival Event with us, either online or directly from the Ticket Office, we will collect the following information about you:
• Your name; to process your booking and contact you regarding it.
• Your address; to process your booking and if applicable, send event tickets or wristbands.
• Your email address; to contact you regarding your booking and send event tickets, wristbands or information if applicable.
• Your contact telephone number; to contact you regarding your booking if required.
It is necessary to process this information to fulfil our Festival Events’ terms and conditions to you. Our legal grounds in relation to this processing is contract, in that the processing is necessary for the provision of the service (entry to an event).
In addition to the data categories identified above, if you are booking an event via the Local Hero Festival website, your payment details may also be processed. This is managed by Stripe who are fully PCI DSS compliant. For further details, please visit their website; Stripe.com
If we use your personal information to tailor our communications to you, for example, by letting you know about similar upcoming events, we will only do so because you have told us you would like to receive these communications. Our legal grounds in relation to this processing is your consent and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
WHO WILL HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR DATA & WHO WILL WE SHARE IT WITH?
Access to your personal data will be restricted to LHF staff, volunteers and partners on a need-to-know basis only. Access will be provided for the purposes of supporting you as an event participant, contacting you regarding the event and making sure we keep you informed about the things important to you.
We will never sell your data to third parties.
We will only ever share your information with third parties in relation to supporting your relationship with us. To make your interactions with us as efficient as possible we will share your information with:
• Our online events website host; for the purposes of processing your booking.
• Our email provider; for the purposes of delivering our newsletter and gathering statistics around email opening and clicks to help us monitor and improve content.
Where these third parties are acting as data controllers, they are required to handle your personal data in accordance with all applicable data protection laws. For further information about how they do this, please refer to their privacy policies.
Where the third parties are acting as data processors, processing personal data on behalf of LHF, we have contracts in place with these third parties which require them to process your personal data on our instructions only. They will not process your personal data for any other purpose and they will retain it securely.
In some cases, your data may be processed outside of the UK. Where this is the case, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place (for example, the use of Standard Contractual Clauses) for the protection of your personal data.
How long will we keep your personal data?
• Information held on your booking record (including contact details and event attended): 6 years from date of the last booking
• Photographs/video footage: permanently unless you ask us to delete your information.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND FILMING
We reserve the right to take photographs or film individuals or small groups at an event you have booked. If you do not wish to be involved please let us know in advance. By attending you consent to allow us to take and use these images. You have a right to withdraw your consent at any time, but you should note that it might be difficult to remove images if they have been published. If you would prefer not to be included in any images, or do not want your image to be published, please contact us before you purchase the tickets or wristbands and we will find ways to manage this carefully.